The tasks a Reception Clerk is expected to perform include:
- Receiving and attending visitors
- Guiding the visitors to the proper places
- Arranging interviews, appointments, etc. with officials concerned
- Enquiring the purpose of the visit, nature of business to be transacted, person or persons to be interviewed, etc.
- Supplying required information to visitors and directing them to the person or place concerned
- Writing names and addresses of visitors
- Contacting the officials concerned in person or over the phone and arranging interviews