The tasks a Cashier is expected to perform include:
- Making payment to bank customer against pay-in-slips, withdrawal slips, cheques, bills, drafts, vouchers, etc.
- Maintaining accounts of daily transaction and preparing account statement
- Receiving cash and pay-in slips from customer Ensuring the cash in hand is handed over to Cashier General at the end of the day for keeping it in safe custody
- Affixing appropriate rubber stamp on cheque, bills, etc. to indicate payment
- Sending paid cheques, bills, vouchers, slips, etc. to Ledger Clerk for making appropriate entries