The tasks an Insurance Agent is expected to perform include:
- Identifying and making a list of prospective insurance buyers through social contacts, business directories, etc.
- Meeting identified clients to sell insurance policies covering risk of life, property, business, etc.
- Explaining the benefits of various insurance plans devised by the company
- Ensuring that policy requirements are fulfilled including any necessary medical examinations property inspection, completion of appropriate forms, etc.
- Collecting the advance against the first premium from client and depositing the same in the respective branch, bank, etc.
- Assisting the policy holders in servicing their policies
- Achieving the stipulated business target annually
- Assisting policy holders in getting their claims settled